Was reading the blog on music by my friend rahul, so i thought i will also write somethig about my love for music.
To start with during school days I just listened to hindi movie songs. Man I used to burn up my dad's money buying all the latest tapes of those days.When I think about the buying spree i sit & smile now.If only i had saved up that money, i would have been rich :) anyways dont regret anything. Apart from that i used to love listening to "old" hindi music & country music. My mom's side folks used to listen to it so i fell in love with it too. Kenny Rogers, John Denver, Randy Travis were my favourites, many more there but honestly dont remember the names.
Speaking of country music, i was watching the news last night where i heard about this guy Bobby Cash. According to the news he is the first Indian country singer. There was a small clipping of him too.. you bet he can sing well too.
Anyways, that was at school.. Fwwwd enter college & I met up with my new friends & my god they chaned me. I had friends who were intrested in rock music, classic rock & more hard rock :) that was the introduction for me. My best friend in my class vijay was a die hard fan of pink floyd, Manoj well he could kill anyone for saying Metallica is bad :), Santosh ( sandy to us) loved scorpions, Arjun the Iron Maiden guy & to complete the list was Julius now he loved all the above groups but his favourite was The Beatles. So as you can see I got introduced to as most people called the real kinda music. I totally loved it. Well there were just 3 of us who were not intrested in these type of music till college.. to start with me, ansari (my other best friend from college) & sajith ( who is somewhere in UK working his arse out ).
Things def. turned once we met up at college. I am sure my friend will agree with me that those were the best days of our life.
Now I listen to all kind of stuff, being in Bangalore I meet up with lot of people & almost all of them are into rock. When anyone thinks of Bangalore the first thing that comes to anyone's mind is a pub and this city has plenty of them. So come weekend its time for pub crawl.
Hmm.. thats about it. In short i just love listening to music
Rock on.....
To start with during school days I just listened to hindi movie songs. Man I used to burn up my dad's money buying all the latest tapes of those days.When I think about the buying spree i sit & smile now.If only i had saved up that money, i would have been rich :) anyways dont regret anything. Apart from that i used to love listening to "old" hindi music & country music. My mom's side folks used to listen to it so i fell in love with it too. Kenny Rogers, John Denver, Randy Travis were my favourites, many more there but honestly dont remember the names.
Speaking of country music, i was watching the news last night where i heard about this guy Bobby Cash. According to the news he is the first Indian country singer. There was a small clipping of him too.. you bet he can sing well too.
Anyways, that was at school.. Fwwwd enter college & I met up with my new friends & my god they chaned me. I had friends who were intrested in rock music, classic rock & more hard rock :) that was the introduction for me. My best friend in my class vijay was a die hard fan of pink floyd, Manoj well he could kill anyone for saying Metallica is bad :), Santosh ( sandy to us) loved scorpions, Arjun the Iron Maiden guy & to complete the list was Julius now he loved all the above groups but his favourite was The Beatles. So as you can see I got introduced to as most people called the real kinda music. I totally loved it. Well there were just 3 of us who were not intrested in these type of music till college.. to start with me, ansari (my other best friend from college) & sajith ( who is somewhere in UK working his arse out ).
Things def. turned once we met up at college. I am sure my friend will agree with me that those were the best days of our life.
Now I listen to all kind of stuff, being in Bangalore I meet up with lot of people & almost all of them are into rock. When anyone thinks of Bangalore the first thing that comes to anyone's mind is a pub and this city has plenty of them. So come weekend its time for pub crawl.
Hmm.. thats about it. In short i just love listening to music
Rock on.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home